#ShowYourRare for Rare Disease Day!
#ShowYourRare is the interactive social media campaign for Rare Disease Day. You can get involved during the month of February by painting your face and sharing a photo using the hashtag #ShowYourRare in solidarity with people across the world who are living with a rare disease.
Who can get involved?
Rare Disease Day is for everyone - the general public, rare disease patients, their families, carers, healthcare professionals, researchers, companies and politicians. You do not have to be directly affected by a rare disease, everyone can get involved!
1. Paint your face using brightly coloured face paints
2. Pose for a selfie or group photo
3. Post the picture on social media using the hashtags #ShowYourRare and #RareDiseaseDay
Share an image on your own or with your friends, family or colleagues!
Let's get creative!
- Paint your face with the Rare Disease Day logo colours!
- Paint the hands from the Rare Disease Day logo on your face
- Get inspired by the designs in the 2018 video
- Make a painting in the shape of the Rare Disease Day logo on some paper and hold it up in your photo
- Pose with the #ShowYourRare social media board
- Or just have fun and get involved in any way possible by sharing a selfie with the hashtags
Remember to be careful of skin conditions and allergies if you choose to use face paint!
More about the #ShowYourRare campaign
Rare diseases affect an estimated 300 million people around the world. There are over 6000 different diseases. So rare’s not so rare after all. Support the rare disease community by showing your rare. With your help, we can raise awareness and increase support for research.Show your rare. Show you care.