Media around the world are reporting on Rare Disease Day 2019, the patient-driven international movement.
Below you'll find articles, radio interviews and television excerpts showing local events and the public mobilisation to improve the lives of people living with a rare disease. The clippings are listed in alphabetical order by country.
Have you contacted your local media about Rare Disease Day 2019 on 28 February?
- European Commission press release, Rare Disease Day: a new EU platform to support better diagnosis and treatment
- 20 Minutes, Journée internationale des maladies rares: Comment la France peut-elle améliorer le dépistage néonatal?
- AFM-Telethon, Journée internationale des maladies rares 2019 : diagnostic et dépistage néonatal, un retard français
- The Times of India, Difficult to identify patient with rare disease
- Times Now News, Lysosomal Storage Disorder – All you need to know about the most common rare diseases in India
- Times Now News, Rare Disease Day 2019: 5 things you may not know about rare diseases
- Independent, 'He was just one week old when a doctor rang' - One mother tells her story on world rare disease day
- Free Malaysia Today, Group makes wish-list for SMA patients on Rare Disease Day
- RTS (Serbian National Televison), Светски дан оболелих од ретких болести
- The Evening Standard, Boy, 14, fighting blindness caused by rare disease releases charity single with brother about his life
- Department of Health and Social Care, Speech from Health Minister Nicola Blackwood: We must bring an end to the diagnostic odyssey of rare diseases
- Daily Post, 'There’s plenty of times I've cried' - Mum of girls with rare disorder reveals how lonely life with a genetic condition can be
- Media Planet, No deal threat to rare disease collaboration
- CBS News, "Like a blindfolded walk in the dark:" Families share struggle with kids' rare diseases
- Iowa State Daily, Rare Disease Day to raise awareness about rare conditions
- Precision Vaccinations, ‘Show-Your-Rare’ on Rare Disease Day 2019
If your event received media coverage, please send a link or a copy of the television, radio or print article to [email protected]. We will post it here!