Georgian Society for Inborn Errors of Metabolism (GSIEM) City: Tbilisi Phone : +995597721444
Georgian Society for inborn errors of metabolism (GSIEM) was established in 2019 by a team of dedicated doctors.
The main tasks of Georgian Society for inborn errors of metabolism are:
- to increase the awareness of rare diseases
- to improve the knowledge and interest in inborn errors of metabolism
- raise awareness of newborn screening
- set up a network of physicians who could provide care of patients with rare diseases, promote a collaboration of specialists of various disciplines (multidisciplinary team) in order to improve management of patients
- support international collaboration and diagnostic possibilities
- advertise the scientific advances in rare diseases
- support the families who are impacted by rare diseases, the parents organization and networking
- improve the quality of life and increase social integration of all patients with rare diseases.
In 2020 we organized very interesting Rare Day disease, having Ana Mingorance (a neuroscientist, patient advocate and an independent consultant in genetic epilepsy syndromes and orphan drug development) with us. It was our first event - the very first step in rare disease world.
Last year our team organized several interesting and useful online meetings, got involved in international conferences and forums.