Multi-Stakeholder Symposium on Improving Patient Access to Rare Disease Therapies
22 February 2017 - 23 February 2017
Hotel Le Plaza, Brussels
Hosted by EURORDIS-Rare Diseases Europe
This exceptional two-day event will provide a platform for dialogue, a neutral ground and open environment for discussion between patient advocates, payers, HTA bodies, academics, clinicians, policy makers, investors and industry representatives. All stakeholders will have the opportunity to express their views and observations in order to reach sustainable and durable solutions to improve patient access to rare disease therapies across Europe.
This unique event aims to:
- Identify common conditions to facilitate increased uptake of therapies for rare diseases;
- Build and seek convergence on current and emerging initiatives;
- Recognise the need and nurture the willingness for flexibility within the healthcare system;
- Discuss how to work together and where there are differences of opinion;
- Investigate reasonable ways to resolve rare disease patient access issues in an equitable way for society and
- Pave the way to a fair approach with acceptable compromises from each stakeholder.
Programme and registration for this event will be made available on 26 October. In order to reach out to a broader audience, this symposium will include live video streaming of the plenary session and interactive voting.
For more info, go to the event website here!