Join SWAN Australia, Carer Gateway – Wellways Australia and Community Junction in raising awareness about rare diseases on Rare Disease Day – Monday, 28 February from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM (AEDT).
Learn about the impact of living with someone who has a rare disease from our community and hear from a geneticist about the impact of rare diseases in Australia. Discover what Carer Gateway-Wellways Australia can offer in terms of services to support carers.
Our Rare Disease Day event will be hosted by Heather Renton (SWAN Australia) and Deborah Cameron (Carer Gateway – Wellways Australia)
Guest presenters include:
– Belinda Donkin-Evers (parent of an undiagnosed child)
– Dalal Baumgartner (parent of a child with SATB2)
– Jane Ellul (parent of a child with KAT6A and Community Junction)
– Miya St John (PhD candidate, speech pathologist, and research
assistant in speech and language)
– Tracy Dudding-Byth (geneticists and founder of FaceMatch)
A live panel discussion will follow our speakers’ presentations.
Please register through Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/249033946237 by Thursday, 24 February.