13 February 2020 - 06 May 2020
Contrada Bagno, snc, Caltanissetta, Italia
Hosted by Associazione "Casa Famiglia Rosetta"
GeneRare: we know Genetic and Rare Diseases
Meetings on Rare Diseases, new genomics for prevention, health promotion and responsible procreation. Steps forward for future generations
The health education and adoption of healthy lifestyles are tools for primary prevention in the community.
The young, students, parents and teachers can activate a health educational process that includes prevention and care issues within the specific pedagogical-educational arguments.
The GeneRare project takes its name from the union of the words Genetics and Rare Diseases. It aims to improve the knowledge of Rare Disease, genomics and their ethical issues involved.
Within GeneRare Project, the technical staff of the Genetics Center of the “Casa Rosetta” Association –together with the Health Education teachers and of the Liceo Scientifico "A.Volta" of Caltanissetta, celebrate the Rare Disease Day. They have included in their training and orientation program for students: research on topics concerning Rare Diseases, on the human genome and on the therapeutic approaches of genetic and Rare Diseases, with the attention to the ethical implications that it entails.
• Knowing about Rare and Genetic diseases
• Understanding the meaning of reproductive risks and the risk factors (genetics, toxic and harmful agents, radiation, use of drugs, drugs, alcohol, etc ..);
• Knowing the meanings of genetic counselling.
• Living with a Rare Disease
· Encouraging personal responsibility towards procreation;
• Offering a reflection on one's own behaviour and beliefs and on how much these, if maintained, could be configured as a reproductive risk;
•Changing incorrect beliefs about reproductive risks.
N. 8 CLASS GROUP MEETINGS:
- 13, 19 and 26 February 2020
- March 5 and 26, 2020
- April 16 and 29, 2020
- May 6, 2020