Roundtable discussion with Health Insurance Organisation: Inclusion of People with RDs in the National Health System
11 February 2019 - 28 February 2019
10 Terrasantas, 2001, Strovolos Nicosia, Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus
00357 22 203762
Hosted by Cyprus Alliance for Rare Disorders
In light of the National Health System which is soon to be implemented in Cyprus, the Cyprus Alliance for Rare Disorders is organising a Q&A roundtable discussion involving people with Rare Disorders (RDs) and representatives from the Health Insurance Organisation (HIO). We invite HIO representatives to answer patient questions with regards to how the new system will respond to the specific needs of the people with RDs in Cyprus.
The session will be complemented by various other activities aimed at raising awareness and sensitising the stakeholders and government officials with regards to the needs of people with RDs in terms of prevention, effective clinical management and social integration.
1. Delivery of CARD's positions to the President of the Republic.
2. Presentation at the House of Representatives- Parliament
3. Announcement reading in schools on the topic of RDs
4. Participation in TV/Radio shows
5. Participation in parliamentary plenaries for Health, Human Rights and Education.
The activities will take place throughout the month of February 2019.