Rare Disease Day Tennathon
28 February 2019 - 03 March 2019
National Tennis Centre, Olympic Blvd, Melbourne VIC 3004, Melbourne, Australia
+61 428 949 993
Hosted by Rare Voices Australia
The event - what will we be doing?
- Four friends are going to play a doubles tennis match for more than 60 consecutive hours to break the Guinness World Record and raise money for charity
- The goal is to raise at least $20,000 for Rare Voices Australia – who do amazing work with limited resources to fight for a healthcare system which supports all Australians with a rare diseases
- The current world record for the longest doubles match stands at 60 hours, 24 minutes and 14 seconds… that’s longer than a return flight to Europe! But the pain and isolation our players are going to feel on the court is nothing compared with the suffering experienced by those living with a rare disease.
When and where it is happening?
- Commencing on 28 February 2019 – which is International Rare Disease Day
- At the Melbourne Park Tennis Centre (home of the Australian Open!)
How can you help?
- We'd really appreciate any donation you care to make to help us reach our goal for this worthy cause, and more than worthy recipients. All donations $2 and over are tax deductible.
- Just click on ‘Sponsor Now’ at: http://www.rarevoices.org.au/my-fundraising/1014/tennis-event
- Please follow our social pages via the handles below – it’s going to be a gruelling journey worth following!